Thursday 24 December 2009

Christmas

Here we are folks, Christmas with the family and snow on the ground, just like in all the books. Just watched the Kirov Ballet's Swan Lake after a warming venison supper with my sister, which has got us into festive mode.

But it's also a time for reflection, in my case thinking of the nine people I know who have sadly been lost this year, including four under 25 and Natalie's dear Godfather Stephen. I'm particularly thinking of his wife and children tonight and also the family of Pete Holmes whose funeral was just a few days ago. It was unfair to see what his parents and brother had to go through that day. And to think their suffering has only just started.

All the above makes it imperative that we enjoy Christmas and look forward to a happy, prosperous and friendly New Year. To all those reading this dross, thanks for putting up with me for the last 12 months and have a great festive break.