Wednesday 27 January 2010

This isn't working ... no surprise there

Second week into my new training regime: good news was managing four runs in the week and completing the mob match distance of 8 miles. Bad news is that the latter was achieved only by adding all four runs together! Yes, 4 x 15 minutes was the sum of my work, which sounds like a good Saturday tempo session but of course was far from it. A couple of lunchtime potters around the lakes in Fairford and two runs on the soft, smooth grass at the Agri College was the extent of my exercise and it was purgatory.

However, some good news comes with the loss of 2lbs, although this is probably a timing issue as my waist is still screaming blue murder every time I try to put on a pair of 32" trousers. Any weight loss will be as a result of no alcohol so far in 2010; cakes, chips and chocolate are also taking a back seat right now.

Add to all that woe, I'm offloading my beloved MG after four years of blissful driving, although thankfully not Claudie and mother-in-law also in the picture. At least it should ensure a long hot summer this year.

Miles: 8. Weight: 13st 0lb (82kg).
.