Saturday 13 February 2010

Blogging works

Another four attempts at running this week: 15 mins on Ag College grass; 23 minutes at the water park nr Somerford Keynes; 15 mins around lakes at Fairford and a 25 min run one evening in the dark to Siddington. Although this last run went relatively well in that I was able to run without stopping, my abdomen and adductors were painful afterwards. I don't feel that there is any fitness percolting through either but I'll keep going through to the mob match and probably beyond for a while just to test Dr Rod Jaques' prognosis.

Before I went down with osteitis pubis I'd never heard of the problem. Although it's not normally a running related injury - generally it's associated with kicking sports - I now know of three other runners (well two runners plus Chris Riches - sorry Chris!) who have experienced it. The two others are / were both very good runners and have only been in touch with me because of my blog. So good news: the blog works in terms of creating debate and discussion, and more importantly, someone reads it!

Miles: 12, weight 12st 12lbs (82kg), minor improvement.